Q: How big was Tyrannosaurus Rex?
A: Tyrannosaurus Rex were 40 feet in length and weighed 5 tons. Their heads were over 4 feet, with very powerful jaws.
Q: What did T Rex eat?
A: Tyrannosaurus Rex were meat eaters. They probably hunted Hadrosaurs and Triceratops. They would have also scavenged – stealing meals from smaller predators.
Did You Know:
- The Dinosaur T. Rex was one of the greatest predators that ever lived.
- The T-Rex had powerful back legs that let it hunt prey over short distances at up to 20mph. They would have charged out of the undergrowth to surprise their prey – and their flexible neck helped them adjust the angle of attack.
- The T. Rex had quite a large brain for a dinosaur. This would have helped it hunt better! Large parts of its brain helped its vision and smell – it may have even had telescopic vision.
- Even more terrifying was its mouth full of 8 inch (20cm) teeth – long and sharp, like knives.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex means ‘Tyrant Lizard’.
- T. Rex were one of the biggest meat eaters.
- The largest T. Rex tooth found is 12 inches long.
- They could sprint up to 20 mph.
- Their length was up to 40 feet.